• How and why we collect and use your information
• How we hold personal information
• Sharing Your Information
• Sharing Outside of Australia
• Accuracy and Alteration
• Your rights
• How to contact us
What Is Personal Information?
Personal information includes any information or opinion about an identified individual or an individual who can be reasonably identified from this information. This could include your name, address, date of birth and contact details. During the life of your product or service, we may collect and hold additional personal information about you which may include transaction information and a record of any complaints or queries made by you. Finport Finance Pty Ltd 2018
How and Why We Collect and Use Your Information
Generally we collect personal information which is necessary to provide you with a specific product or service and you have consented to that collection from you directly. The main reason we collect, use, hold, store and manage the personal information that we collect about you, is to provide you with products and services. This includes:
• Giving you information about a product or service;
• Checking that we can provide the product or service to you;
• Helping you where online applications are not completed;
• Registration and administration of your account;
• Providing you with a product or service; and
• Helping you manage the product or service;
• Updating our records about you;
• Responding to and processing your queries and requests; and
• Satisfying our legal obligations
• Help personalise your web experience;
• Ensure you can navigate our website efficiently; and
• Perform certain functions.
Finport Finance Pty Ltd 2018 Due to their core role of enhancing and enabling usability or website processes, disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain parts of our website. It will also mean that some features on the website will not function if you disable cookies. We are required or authorised to collect certain identification information about you by the AntiMoney Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth.) and Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Rules Instrument 2007 (No.1).
Requesting Access to Tools and Information
You may wish to have access to certain tools and information made available on our website, before you decide that you would like to register to use our services, including our foreign exchange and payment services. We may collect your information as part of this access and use your information so that we can supply you with information about our services, our products, relevant market information and disclosure documentation to satisfy our legislative obligations.
We will use your personal information to offer you products and services and reports which we believe may interest you, but we will not do so if you tell us not to. These products and services may be offered by Finport. Upon applying for Finports products and services, you have the ability to opt out of receiving information about Finports products and services and / or the products and services of its associates or related companies as well as special offers. If you currently receive such information and no longer wishes to do so, you can email email@example.com, that you no longer wish to receive such information. You are entitled to change your marketing preferences at any time.
We may monitor and record our telephone calls with you, with or without an automatic warning message or tone, and use any transcripts of them:
• To ensure we fully understand the instructions you give us and our obligations to you,
• To ensure we have a clear record of the products and services you have requested,
• For the purposes of the prevention or detection of money laundering, terrorism financing, financial crime, or fraud,
• For the purposes of training and quality control,
• To resolve any dispute between you and Finport in respect to a products or service.
How we hold personal information
Finport Finance Pty Ltd 2018
• using electronic security systems such as firewalls and data encryption,
• providing you with password protection and a log-in process,
• making our online service automatically log you out after several minutes of non-use, or
• disabling your access after multiple failed log-in attempts.
We also take reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we do this are:
• confidentiality requirements and privacy training of our employees;
• document storage security policies; and
• security measures to control access to our systems and premises. We take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify any personal information after it can no longer be used.
Where we share your information with people or businesses which you ask us to deal with or who you already know or who already know you, wherever they are based, we will not normally make any further enquiry concerning them or take any further steps to ensure your information is protected.
The Internet is not a secure environment. While we take reasonable measures to keep your information secure, we cannot guarantee your online data security. We are not liable to you for any loss of data, injury or harm which occurs to you as a result of the transmission of your information over the Internet, unless this occurs as a result of our negligence or wilful misconduct.
We will not ask you to supply personal information publicly over Facebook, Twitter or any other social media platform that we use. Although we may invite you to send details to us (such as answering a question about your account) using private messaging.
Data Storage and Security
Finport takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information collected from you is protected against loss, unauthorised access, use modifications, disclosure and against other misuses. Finport Finance Pty Ltd 2018 Personal information is stored in a combination of computer and paper based files. Finports representatives are adequately trained on their obligations to maintain the confidentiality of client’s personal information.
Cookies are text files that web servers can store on your computer’s hard drive or in memory upon visiting a website. Cookies can record information about your visit to the website and allow it to remember you the next time you visit and allow a more meaningful experience the next time you visit the website. They are commonly used by companies providing online products and services. Each time you visit our website, we collect information about your use of the website, which may include:
• The date and time of visits;
• The pages which are viewed;
• How the website is navigated by users and how users interact with the website, including fields completed in registrations and application forms;
• Users’ location information;
• Information about the device used to visit our website; and
• IP addresses.
Sharing Your Information
We may share your information with other members of the Finpoprt Group where we need to provide you with any of the products or services you have requested, or where you have asked us to do so. We may share your data with other members of the Finport Group when you have accepted other Finport Group company terms and conditions because you would like obtain products and services from another member of the Finport Group. We may also provide personal information about you to organisations outside the Finport Group. To protect personal information, we require our service providers that hold and process such Finport Finance Pty Ltd 2018 information on our behalf to follow appropriate standards of security and confidentiality. In addition we seek to ensure that data is not retained by our service providers once our arrangement with them has concluded. In general, we disclose personal information to organisations that assist us with our business. These may include:
• Agents, contractors and external service providers (such as technology service providers);
• Payment system operators; • Other organisations, who jointly with us, provide products or services to you;
• Our legal advisers, financial advisers or auditors
• Your representatives, anyone (for example, an agent) who you have told us or who we are otherwise aware is acting on your behalf, or who introduces you to us, or who you have asked us to contact;
• Fraud bureaus or other organisations to identify, investigate or prevent fraud or other misconduct;
• External dispute resolution schemes;
• Regulatory bodies, government agencies and law enforcement bodies in any jurisdiction; and
• Credit control or debt collection agencies, for example, if you owe us money and we engage their services to recover it from you.
Sharing Outside of Australia
We run our business in Australia and overseas. We may need to share some of your information with organisations outside Australia which provide services to us, which are likely to be located in the United States, United Kingdom, Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore and the Philippines. For international transactions, such as currency exchanges, we may need to disclose your information to the to Finports or your International payment provider in order to process the transaction. The countries we disclose your information to will depend on the details of the transaction you ask us to carry out. We may store our information in cloud or other types of electronic or network storage. As networked or electronic storage can be accessed from various countries via an internet connection, it is not always practicable to know in which country your information may be held. If your information is stored in this way, disclosures may occur in countries other than those listed. Overseas organisations may be required to disclose information we share with them under foreign law. In those instances, we will not be responsible for that disclosure.
Accuracy and Alteration
Finport aims to keep personal information obtained from you accurate, complete and up-to-date. Finport Finance Pty Ltd 2018 Upon accepting the Loan Agreement, you agree that you are responsible for ensuring that the details you provide to Finport to perform the services are true, accurate and up-to-date. You agree not to withhold or omit any information that would render those details false or inaccurate. You agree to notify Finport immediately where you become aware of any error or change in the details you have supplied to Finport. This can be done by contacting us by phone, post, email or by logging into your account online.
In the event where you have a concern with the privacy of your personal information, or there has been a breach or potential breach of the Privacy Act, you can submit your concern or complaint in writing directed to the ‘Privacy Officer’ at firstname.lastname@example.org and Finport will endeavour to resolve the concern internally at its earliest convenience by responding in writing. Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to request access and correct personal information held by Finport. You may submit in writing a request to access your personal information. Finport has the right to refuse to provide you with access to the personal information, and a reason will be provided where access has been denied except where it would be unreasonable to do so. In the event that you become aware, or believe, that any personal information which Finport holds about you is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated, you should contact Finport and provide relevant accurate, complete and up to date personal information. Finport will, if it agrees that the information requires correcting, take all reasonable steps to correct the information. Finport will endeavour to respond to any request for access within 14 to 44 days depending on the complexity of the information and/or the request. If the request is urgent you should indicate this clearly. If we refuse you request to correct personal information, you also have the right to request that a statement be associated with your personal information noting that you disagree with its accuracy. There is no fee for requesting that your personal information is corrected or for Finport to make corrections. In processing your request for access to your personal information, Finport may charge a reasonable administration fee to cover its costs in locating and supplying the information.
How to Contact Us